In force since 25.05.2018
Technoelectronica Ltd ("us", "we" or "our") manages a "Cloud" Server and the W-Link mobile app to provide remote monitoring and control of your devices ("Controllers") ("Service").
This page informs you of our policies on the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our service and the choices you make in relation to that data.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of the information in accordance with these policies.
Collection and use of information
We collect several different types of information for different purposes to provide you with and improve our Service
I. Application access passwords - needed to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing your devices. They are stored only in the memory of your mobile phone or tablet. Factory User and Application Administrator Passwords are commonly known through the application's user guide on our website. After their change, we have no access to them.
II. Access data for the controller
- Controller access passwords - are needed to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing your devices. They are stored only in the memory of your mobile phone or tablet and in the memory of your controllers. Transferred via Internet and / or WiFi connection. The controller's default administrator password is commonly known through the application's user guide on our website. After it's change, we have no access to it.
- Static public IP address of the router to which the controller is connected - It is entered by the application administrator only if the user wants to access the controller via the Internet and does not want to use our cloud server for the purpose. The IP address is only used to establish an Internet connection between the particular application installation and the controller. It is saved in the app's memory and is only accessible to your app's administrator. We do not collect, process or process this information to third parties unless we are under an obligation to do so by law.
- Unique Identifier of Each Application Installation (InstanceID) - Generated by Google-Firebase Cloud Messaging when W-Link accesses the Internet. Used to identify and authenticate access rights to your controllers. If your application supports Firebase Cloud Messaging, W-Link will periodically send information about the application and the device on which it is installed to the Firebase Backend. You can obtain Firebase privacy and security information at:Privacy and Security in Firebase
III. Personal Data: W-Link does not require users to enter personal data through which they could be identified.
When working with controllers, they periodically send information about the state of the managed objects to the authorized users who have made contact with them at that particular moment. If the user uses our web server to make an internet connection, the data from and to the application passes through it. We do not collect, process or process this data to third parties unless we are under an obligation to do so by law. Data exchanged over the Internet is protected by SSL / TLS protocols. For data exchanged via WiFi networks, users have the choice between OPEN, WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK encryption.
Ability to delete entered data:
- All the information entered in the application will be deleted when you uninstall it or clear the app data from your device's memory (mobile phone or tablet). In these cases, your phone (tablet) will lose the ability to connect with your controllers.
- The information for a particular controller will be deleted from your phone's (tablet) memory when it is removed from the list of available controllers by the application administrator. In this case, your phone (tablet) will lose the ability to connect to the particular controller.
- The data stored in the controller memory can be removed by the controller administrator from the appropriate setup menu or after resetting the controller's factory settings using the procedure described in the operating instructions for the controller. In this case, your phone (tablet) is likely to lose the ability to connect to the particular controller.
- The unique installation identifier can be removed by uninstalling the application or clearing application data from the memory of your device. In this case, your phone (tablet) will lose the ability to connect with your controllers.